Bathroom faucets do last long but sooner or later they will have to be replaced. Kohler bathroom faucet is a perfect choice for any home. Kohler is one of the leading manufacturers of bathroom faucets.
The things around your home will eventually have to be replaced in the year to come. That is why it is important that you have a little knowledge on how to fix things up or replace them. There are different repairs and replacements that you can do on your own.
One of the things that as a homeowner you should know is fixing the faucets and fixtures in the bathroom yourself. When doing the replacement yourself, ensure that the plumbing system is not affected.
Learning to fix or replace fixtures in your bathroom is necessary in case of urgent needs especially in the middle of the night where it is hard to contact a plumber immediately.
Here are some tips in replacing and fixing bathroom fixtures and antique brass bathroom faucets yourself:
1. Measure the bathroom faucets and fixtures that you plan to replace. It is best to remove the item or the product and bring it to the hardware store to look for the exact type and size.
2. Use the right tools in removing the fixture in the bathroom. Check out for access panel behind the fixture so you can remove it. Make sure you are prepared with the necessary tools when you begin to replace faucets or accessories.
3. Prepare the things you need. Before you start with the project, it is essential that you have all the materials you need. You will need a wrench, pliers, marker, rubber gasket, tape and the faucet or fixture.
4. Plan what you are going to do. There are several things you need to check before you start the project. First, make sure that you have the right faucet. Make sure that the fixtures fit.
If you are updating the faucet, see to it that it is the right fit for the sink. You must plan everything to ensure that you finish on time.
5. Close the valves before removing the faucets. Allow the remaining water to drain as well. You must do this to avoid water splashing all over your bathroom or even the kitchen.
6. When you install the fixtures, it is important to measure the area and make sure that they fit. Use markers to determine the place to drill a hole if needed. Check with the manufacturer when installing the faucets especially if they have to be assembled to be installed. Do not forget to seal the base when replacing the faucet to prevent leaking. You can also use waterproof tape if you have flexible faucets.
7. If the feed pipes are made of copper, it is easier to detach it from the faucet fittings. Nevertheless, these copper fittings could get rusty and could give you trouble when you try to unscrew them. You should be careful in removing since this can cause damage to the piping if it needs too much effort to remove it.
Replacing old faucet and fixtures is easy as long as you have the right tools and the correct faucet size.
When you add fixtures, make sure to measure the area well to ensure that the fixtures fit. Be careful when installing bathroom fixtures and faucets since you could end up with water leak if you are less careful. Remember that a serious leak could damage your home severely.